Entries will represent the diverse habitat and wildlife elements of Bluff Lake Nature Center’s
wetlands, creek corridor, or short grass prairie.
The submission of entries will take place in October with a formal showing of work at the
Morrison Nature Center in October, and a special showing November 6th as part of
Bluff Lake’s 10th Anniversary Celebration!
Divisions: (All age groups based on age of contestant as of April 1, 2004.)
Youth under 12
55 and up
Professional (Age does not apply to this category.)
Submission : Between September 25th – October 16th at
Bluff Lake Nature Center Administrative Offices
7350 E.29 th Ave. 3 rd Floor, Denver, CO 80238
8AM to 5 PM
Submission Limits: There is no fee for the initial entry of three photos. Photographers wishing to exceed the limit will be asked to pay a $10.00 for the second entry.
Awards: 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in each category! Awards will be presented Saturday, November 6th at the Bluff Lake Nature Center Tenth Anniversary Celebration.
General Information : All entries must abide by the rules and regulations of the Bluff Lake Nature Center and especially photographersmay not approach or harass wildlife, nest, or dens. Photos must be taken from the trails.
1. Please label each entry with the entrants name, the division and the category.
Winning entries will be exhibited at the Morrison Nature Center through October 31st
And, will be exhibited on November 6th at Johnson & Wales University
4. Please retrieve items no later than November 12 th
Please have a contest entry form completed and the information box attached to each entry. All entries will be checked in and number assigned by contest staff at the time of entry.
Traditional (Non-enhanced digital images)
1. Entries may be either black and white or color
2. Only traditional photography will be accepted
3. Certain photographs are unacceptable: photos taken from the internet, CD Rom, or other electronic sources, slides, copies made from commercially produced slides or prints, including copies of pictures in books, museums, computer produced photos, etc.
4. Digital images may not be altered in any significant way, i.e. beyond standard photographic development techniques
5. An individual may enter up to three photographs
6. Entries must be submitted in at least 8 x 10 format , entries need not be matted or framed Entries may not exceed 24” x 30” in size.
7. Photographers must have exclusive ownership of any submitted images. Submitted images become the property of Bluff Lake Nature Center and will not be returned. The organizations may use all entered images for display, promotional or fundraising purposes. Appropriate credit will be given on photos used in publications.
8. Photographers of winning 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in all age groups agree to provide the original negative for use in display, promotional or fundraising publications or displays. Original negatives will be returned to photographer.
Box Camera Photography
1. This category is limited to the under 12 division
Each entrant may submit up to three 4 x 6 photo, neither framed or matted
Entries must be taken at Bluff Lake
The criteria for judging are: